I learned...
1- to love eccentric people
2- to appreciate all kinds of music
3- practicing really does make a difference
4- How to sing really, really fast notes in a healthy way
5- how to make friends when you weren't allowed to talk
6- how to avoid Mr. Woodward's glare of death
7- music is a language all of its own
8- that I loved speaking in music
9- that I loved unbelievable harmonies
10- musical greatness comes with a great cost
11- how to sing in tune
12- how to sight read and sing
13- how to sing extremely difficult harmonies
14- you can't make good music if you are lazy
15- music can lead you to meeting the coolest people
16- I am capable of accomplishing hard things
17- music is a form of testimony
and much, much, more. No one can completely understand how indebted I am to this choir. Mr. Woodward and my peers taught me so much. What I learned here is irreplaceable. I only wish I could've realized it when I was still in the choir. Now, I can only rely on memories, thank you letters, and this alumni choir to make up for my regretful feelings. I seriously cannot express how much I owe Mr. Woodward, the choir's director. I hope some day I can repay the world by teaching others the same way "Chip" Woodward taught me.
"And as the days go by I'll not forget to sing
Tho seasons change and flowers fade from view;
Tho seasons change and flowers fade from view;
For when we meet again, 'twill be a day in spring;
And I'll stay and sing another song for you.
And I'll stay and sing another song for you."
-Ralph Woodward
And I'll stay and sing another song for you.
And I'll stay and sing another song for you."
-Ralph Woodward
Though life is constantly changing, I know one thing - I will never - EVER - forget to sing. And that is all thanks to you, Ralph Woodward and the Salt Lake Children's Choir.
And that's what Jenny thinks.
And that's what Jenny thinks.
No comments:
Post a Comment