I went to sleep last night with this feeling - a feeling that today was going to be great.
I was right
I woke up and within the hour someone texted me about the article I was featured in in the Daily Universe. My friend, Kimberly, thought I was interesting enough to be her "feature article" for her journalism class. Swell. When you are featured in an article, that's about how you feel. Swell. (You can read the article here)
Then I headed to work. My zune (microsoft's version of an ipod) decided it would be a good time to fail. Not a funny joke, but somehow I made it through work listening to my department's mediocre musical choices. But half way through my shift, I no longer cared that I wasn't listening to my own music. Apparently, I'm so good at working that they decided they wanted to hire me full time. Ironic, considering I've complained about some things recently, but nice, nonetheless. Besides, it's nice to feel appreciated every once in a while.
I watched a sweet episode of Ellen. She made me laugh and even forget the wonderful excitement that was ahead of me.
I warmed up, meditated, ate some food, and readied myself for my performance. I felt so prepared. And now I am left speechless at how happy and content I feel. The cast/crew members I work with are constantly lifting me up and tonight was no exception. Wow, words literally cannot express my happiness. Nothing is so satisfying as a job well done. And none of it is possible without my friends and family. I am constantly reminded that I am nothing. But luckily, we have loving Heavenly Father, and loving people that can make us so much more.
And that's what Jenny thinks.
No comments:
Post a Comment