Justin Roberts writes kids songs. One of my favorites is called "Minute" and it only lasts 60 seconds. It is about those moments that mothers say "Just one minute" and kids know that it is never just one minute. One line in the song struck me:
"We're all just minutes."
I am approximately 10,467,600 minutes. We are all just minutes. Our grandparents are many, many minutes, while our baby brothers and sisters are very few minutes. But all life is, is minutes. It doesn't make a difference how many minutes we live. The only thing that matters is that we fill those minutes until they are overflowing. When you think of it that way, it is hard to believe that we fill so many minutes with anger, frustration, gossip, and grudges or computers, head phones, and texting. In an examination of my life, I find I fill my minutes with too much worry. Instead of picking up the flowers of joy and smelling them, I just trip over them and leave them for someone else. I must make it a point in my life to replace worry with wisdom, jealousy with joy, and laziness with love. So, think about it. How do you fill your minutes?
And that's what Jenny thinks.
No comments:
Post a Comment