Sunday, May 23, 2010

P.S. I love you

I watched a chick flick this weekend - P.S. I love you.
It was okay. I was almost brought to tears once but I wasn't blown away by it as so many other females were. But it was pretty enjoyable. The best part was probably the delicious food my friend made for our girls' night.

Anyways, back to the movie. The title got me thinking. Shouldn't the words, "I love you" be the first thing we tell our loved ones, not the last. "P.S." to me almost seems like an afterthought or an "I almost forgot. "So saying P.S. I love you, to me, seems like saying "Oh and I almost forgot to tell you, I love you." I think love should come first. In the movie, Remember Me, the main character eats her dessert first. She says:
"I just don't see the point in waiting. I mean, what if I die while eating my entree?It's possible. What if I choke? What if an asteroid come hurling down onto the restaurant?... I'll tell you what, if you swear on your eternal soul that I'll make it through my entree, then I'll wait. But before you answer, consider that if something does happen, you'll have to live the rest of your life knowing that not only did you lie to me, but you denied of my one last indulgence. Are you prepared to shoulder that kind of responsibility?"
We should love first. What if someone you love died before you could tell them how much you cared for them? What if a friend moves away before you can tell them how you feel? That's why I think we shouldn't wait to share our love with others. It isn't worth waiting for. We all need love, why wait to share it?

These days, I feel like love is missing in the world. So many conversations are filled with complaints, gossip, and insults. We shouldn't waste our time with rude words, actions, or thoughts. Life is too short and precious. We need to be filling our moments with lovely thoughts, actions of love, and words of love. I will strive to fill my life with love. I know it will make a difference.
And that's what Jenny thinks.

P.S. I am on a blogging kick tonight, so there are two other new ones that I posted before this one. I apologize if they sound too rambly. I can't stop once I get going.

1 comment: